It has been so hard keeping this recipe from you ever since I shared it on Instagram stories weeks ago (it now lives on my highlights!)
But since you are all amazing, I kept seeing you all make a version of it, based on my stories. And you were certainly on point!
For those of you who need a recipe to follow (or don’t follow me on Instagram!), I’m finally sharing this easy skillet meal that is loaded with flavor, texture, and veggies!
I’m working on starting a Skillet Series on the blog, because every time I make a skillet meal, I think, “These are great! I should make more of them!” So, stay tuned for that.
I made this recipe while I was in Florida, and I remember thinking, “I can’t wait to make this in cold New Jersey!” Who thinks that way?! People who live to eat, that’s who.
Anyway, make this ASAP – and if you don’t eat meat/chicken or just want to make this again and want a vegetarian spin on it, try using quinoa or tofu instead of chicken sausage!
ALSO, need I say, you can totally meal prep this – just don’t put the cheese on it until you’re ready to eat – reheat in the oven or stovetop (or microwave, if you use a microwave) and then top with cheese and let it melt!
Speaking of meal prepping and planning, do you want to see more of that on the blog? Ideas for meal prep? Secondly, would you like to watch me meal prep in a video as YOU meal prep the same meals? Would that be helpful or overkill? Let me know by leaving a comment in the blog post! I want to make sure you’re getting the most helpful kind of content possible, so if you say you want it, you shall receive!
And before I go, I want to say thank you for all your sweet notes and messages about Wednesday’s post about my husband, Lu. I am so happy you now know a little more about him and our life together! I love sharing a more personal side of myself and being transparent with you. More on that too, this year!
Now you can watch a cooking video of this recipe:
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION & RECIPE
SERVES3-4Chicken Sausage, Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potato Skillet BakeGFMP
10 minPREP TIME
20 minCOOK TIMEPRINT RECIPE
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 chicken sausage links
- 1 large sweet potato (or 2 medium), peeled, Blade D, noodles trimmed
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups sliced brussels sprouts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat half of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is shimmering, add the chicken sausage and crumble as you cook, cooking until sausage is cooked through, 5-7 minutes. Transfer the sausage to a plate or bowl and immediately add the sweet potato noodles and season with salt and pepper. Toss and cook for 7 minutes or until cooked through and slightly al dente. Set aside on a plate and then add in the remaining olive oil to the skillet, the brussels sprouts and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and toss until cooked, about 5 minutes. If you want to speed up the cooking process, cover the skillet, uncovering to toss occasionally. Once brussels are done cooking, add back in the sausage and sweet potato noodles. Toss and spread out everything evenly in the skillet. Sprinkle over with cheese and cover the skillet and let the cheese melt, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.